Monday, October 27, 2014

The Journey On Up?

Today I want to self-reflect a little bit as I begin to examine my future in cubing. If you have read any previous posts, you know that I will soon be going to a competition, and that a reasonable goal for me is to know all the PLLs by the time I get there. But this raises a very large question in my mind, what do I do after that? The obvious and simple answer is to learn OLL and other advanced bits to add to my CFOP abilities, but that is a commitment of a large amount of time to learn it all. 50 Algorithms for basic OLL, plus probably a few tricks of the trade here and there, just to master the CFOP basics. I look at it, and wonder how I will ever get done with it all. Truth be told, my practice has stalled now that school and its never ending commitments have begun. I want to keep going, but I can’t seem to find a solid chunk of time in which to do so. Which leaves the question, do I stay a mediocre cuber by our intense standards, or do I try to hack my way through the endless stream of algorithms to come? I hope the answer will make itself clearer as I edge closer to my competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment