Sunday, October 19, 2014

Algorithms

 Imagine a world where we would have to create all our own algorithms for our own cubing needs. Now stop imagining the world because it sounds terrible! We use algorithms for every solve we do, they are a very important part of it and we really couldn’t solve without them. But just think about every algorithm, and how long the must take to make.

                I have no clue how most people create algs, I haven’t personally done much with them, but I bet it starts with them have a case that needs solving. From there, they experiment with certain moves, and use things like sledgehammer and parts from other algs to create their newest invention. But I think that is just the beginning. I want you to try the J-perm, and if you don’t know it, re-read this post when you do. The J-perm is one of my favorites because it flows really well in my hands, is very comfortable with no need for extra finger tricks, and is incredibly fast. No imagine the time it must have taken to figure out this perfect set of moves. I’m almost positive that there are ways that require many less moves to do something like a J-perm. That’s not what I find so cool. I think the sweetest part is that someone can find a set of moves that flow so well together that it can become an incredibly fast and fluent algorithm.

          And the fact is, someone does this for every algorithm! I think that is just insane. So if you ever meet someone who has created algorithms, be sure to ask them their process, and thank them for making your life a whole lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment