Monday, October 6, 2014

Shengshou Pyraminx

This is the review on the amazing Shengshou Pyraminx! I have to say, this puzzle is making me love the idea of the of competing in Pyraminx, because it’s just such a great puzzle. Now I must say, I’m not a Pyraminx expert by any means, I just bought this puzzle 2 months ago, but I can say that it is one of the best turning puzzles out of the box I have seen.
                Immediately when you open it up, you can feel how smooth and controlled it feels. Of course, it has the standard ball bearing mechanism that allows for a proper turning and placement when doing so, but as it turns, it is very fluid with no real catches or issues. For this reason, I have not lube or tensioned this puzzle at all, and it still works perfectly for my solves. This puzzle is a very easy one, that is for sure, but I can say that the lack of difficulty isn’t a concern. I still have a lot of fun solving it, and I average about 16 seconds on it.
           Over all, I can say only good things about this puzzle. If you like YouTube reviews on puzzles, check out TehCubeDude’s video about this puzzle and his comparison to the other Pyraminx’s on the market. So final grade, 8 out of 10, only because I don’t have enough knowledge on Pyraminx to definitively say it’s perfect, but I do recommend buying this puzzle. If you want to purchase it, I prefer using TheCubicle.us, I picked it up there for about  10 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment