Sunday, October 19, 2014

Aolong V2- A New Opinion

So I have been messing around with the Aolong V2 recently and I must say it’s amazing. I don’t know what changed, whether I just got used to the feeling, or did enough solves to grind out any previous problem, but the cube is much better now. It turns well and is so stable. I am able to keep it on loose tensions and have no lockups at all. The small feeling of the cubies has completely gone away and I can’t find anything wrong with it to tell. It is so good in fact, that I annihilated my previous best average at 19 seconds with a new best at 16.86! In addition, I also got a 13.75 no lucky solve, which is very close to my personal best. This cube has also improved my overall average by about a second and it continues to perform astonishingly well.
                 Issues with this cube are, as I said before, nonexistent. This V2 is the new plastic version, so I don’t have the issues that many cubers had with the other plastic. Corner twisting, as I have said before, doesn’t happen to me so I can’t really attest to that, but from what I hear in other reviews, this is fixed too. The only sort of “problem” I have is the tensioning. While it is great performing, the feel isn’t perfectly what I want but I am not great at tensioning and I fear if I try to change it from its current state, it will feel very bad. This won’t be an issue for most though as I assume a lot of cubers are much better at finding the perfect feel for their puzzle than me.

                As an overall grade, I want to raise this cube to an 8.5 out of 10. It has given me many new records and I have great hopes for it in the future, but until I can find some more comfortable tensions, I can’t raise it any higher. However, expect another blog at some point with the progress of this cube, because I can see huge potential in it yet, and can’t wait to sort it all out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment