Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Moyu Aolong Review

            Hey guys, I’m back today for a review on the Moyu Aolong V1, plus some thoughts on other reviews. The Aolong is a very awesome puzzle that is really fun to solve. I enjoy the feel, because with minimal lube on average tensions, it’s fast but decently controllable. A lot of people have trouble with the corner twists on this puzzle, but my style has never had an issue with these anyway, making this puzzle a lot better to solve on. The one issue that I have is a general flexing of the cube, causing instability. This isn’t normally a huge issue, but during certain solves, it does mess me up very badly. Overall, I like this cube, it's my main, but I would like to invest in the glossy plastic V2, and see if it fixes the instability, as I hear it does.
            I have seen about half a dozen or more reviews on the V1, and I have seen a common trend. The cube gets crazy results. Some people despise it, others think it’s the pinnacle of speedcubes. I want to get my opinion out there, and say it is a high class speed cube, but one with a very specific tastes. It exaggerates everything that the Weilong did well, including speed and corner cutting, but also makes the stability worse. But the general consensus is the cubes positives are a huge, but has a few major flaws that prevent it for being unstoppable. For this reason, to someone who can control it, it’s absolutely amazing. But otherwise it just falls short. My final thought is that you should get this cube, if you are a below 20 second solver, and want a good speedcube. There is a chance you will hate it, but if you can manage to control it, it has amazing outcomes.
            

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping you'll start including some photos and/or links so I can see what these puzzles look like!

    ReplyDelete