Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Warning+ Where do I go?

I am currently about half way through OLL, having about 33 of 57 cases memorized, which is taking a lot of work and effort to accomplish and is very difficult. So before I move on to my question for this blog I have to give a warning. Cubing gets super difficult as you keep going, and I want you to make sure you are having fun the entire time you are practicing or trying to improve. Feliks has always said never force yourself to practice, and I whole heartedly agree. Cubing is one of those sports where very little mindless boring work is required, and most things that can be done to get better are actually pretty enjoyable, you just have to wait for the right time. I know personally I could probably memorize two OLL algorithms a day if I had the time and felt like it, but sometimes all I can do is wait until I am feeling up to memorizing before I do, because otherwise the sport just wouldn’t be fun anymore, and chances are I would quit cubing before long. I definitely think, especially if you are about to start learning OLL, make a pact with yourself, that you will only cube when you want to, and when it makes sense for your schedule, so it doesn’t stress you out. This way you will be able to go for longer before ever getting bored, and will have more fun over all.

                Now my question for all of the cubers who read this blog, where do I go from here? I’m halfway done with OLL and when I get done with that I will have mastered basic CFOP and won’t have much place else to go. Obviously, there are things I can do, like increasing my look ahead, which right now is shoddy at best, but I know there are more tangible things that are easier to practice, so I want to try one of those. My thoughts were to try and learn the extended cross for a lot of basic cases, because one major problem I have in my solves in the cross to F2L transition, and I feel like knowing how to do X cross could be really beneficial. In addition to this, I think my next step is just to learn more F2L tricks, because right now my F2L is very basic and is cause for a lot of cube rotations and wasted moves, and I think it could be much improved. So just some ideas to consider, if you have a specific thing you think would be good to work on please comment. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment