Monday, February 2, 2015

Moyu Aosu Overdue Review

That title though! But really, this review was long overdue because of a few problems that I will get into later, but first I need to review the puzzle itself. So let’s begin.
The general conception of this puzzle is that it is absolutely amazing, super-fast, really controllable, anti-popping, and overall an amazing puzzle. I honestly cannot agree with this full heartedly. The reason being that my cube came really tight tensioned, and was hard to turn from the get go, even after loosening I still found it weird to turn and awkwardly tensioned, so I might have to completely take it apart to re-tension when I lube. However, I might chalk down most of these problems to the fact that as of writing this, my personal best solve on 4x4 is over 4 minutes and I have been able to solve a 4x4 for less than a day. I guess if I was going to say much relevant to the cubing world right at the moment it is that the Aosu is not a beginner puzzle, and while most recommend it full out, I can only say it’s alright. However, I imagine that opinion will change dramatically when I actually learn a speedcubing method and become used to the puzzle. So right now I give a tentative 6 out of 10. We will see how it turns out later.
Now for the main thing I wanted to talk about in this essay, I had a major issue about this cube that was the reason for the lateness of this post. I had a defective center piece, as well as so misaligned edges, causing nasty catches and bad turning. These defects were terrible and caused me to have to email the Cubicle to have them replaced. It made me frustrated at the time but not with the Cubicle, but Moyu itself, for not having a more prepared product lacking issues. However, this is where the Cubicle shined through to become one of my favorite stores to buy from for anything. They fully understood these defects weren’t their fault, but they also knew it was their problem, and handled it very well, being super kind and sending me the pieces I needed. In addition to this delay, however, when the cube was originally ordered, the cubicle forgot about sending it and it didn’t come for a week after it was supposed to arrive. While I was a bit annoyed, the Cubicle’s amazing customer service shone through and they sent out the package immediately after I inquired about it, and I received it 4 days later.

 I share this “epic” tale with you because I want to make the point that even though a company like the cubicle makes mistakes, they are nicer than any other business I have ever worked with in correcting them and should definitely be rewarded with your business. No I am not getting paid to say this, I just honestly think in this world more companies should be so nice and any company that is should be held with honor. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment