Sunday, December 21, 2014

Winter Break Update


Well I don’t know about the rest of my readers, but I am pretty excited for the holiday time! I finally get a break from school and some time to practice cubing. And since Christmas is right around the corner as well, I wanted to talk about some events I might want to get into. Then, after Christmas, I’m going to do a full review on the puzzles I get, and hopefully learn a few methods to different puzzles.

                So to start, I’m wondering if I should get into 4x4. It’s kind of the next step in competing; I have already gotten decent in 3x3, 2x2, and Pyraminx, but I don’t want to just stay in those. I want to keep adding puzzles to my repertoire, and 4x4 really seems to be calling my name. The reason is that both the aolong and the V2 were amazing, and the Aosu is reviewed as the best 4x4 of all time, which makes me think I will have a good time learning the method. I’m thinking I will learn Yao, because even though it is a little bit more complicated, it seems to be a very good method and all the main speedcubers use it.

                Besides that, I think the best thing I can over break and continuing into the New Year is continuing on learning OLL’s, because I can’t wait to get sub 10 and be really competitive. Now I fully understand full OLL isn’t the only thing that makes someone fast, but it is still very necessary in speedcubing, and I think it’s a very reasonable thing I should try for. After that, I’m not sure what I want to focus on. I could learn some algs for COLL, as that might help with my times for 3x3, but I think my next best practice option would be working on a new Pyraminx method. The current method I know is good, but won’t ever win me a competition, so I will have to get much better in order to have a fighting chance. So that’s my update for now, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment