Monday, December 15, 2014

Progress Plus a Thank You

Hi everyone! I had a little time over the weekend and I started learning a few of the OLL’s. Now, this in itself is not overly special, because so many people have learned much more than that, but it’s really cool for me because it’s the next step on my cubing journey and I can’t wait to continue going and see how far I get to go. In addition to that, I also achieved my new personal best time of 11.32 seconds on 3x3. Again, mildly impressive to those who have been doing this for a while, but I am amazed at my own improvement and so happy to see my progress.

Now on to the purpose of this blog, I wanted to give a big thank you to Anthony Brooks. For any of you that have read my blog for a while, you know that over the summer I really got in to speedcubing and went on a trip where I met Anthony at the Liberty Science center. I had been excited to go for months and thought I was just going to have a fun time. But meeting Anthony was so much more than I had ever anticipated. Watching someone solve a cube in 8 seconds flat in front of your face is just a little to amazing not to have a small freak out. It was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced. But not only was he really good, Anthony was also a really nice guy to learn from and gave me quite a few useful tidbits on cubing. Then, some of you will know the story, I got really inspired to speedcube, learned 2 look OLL and PLL in two weeks while touring Europe, and by the time I touched down in America again, I had learned over 10 algorithms and received a personal best and my first sub 20 with a 19.87.

So with all the inspiration, I think it’s fair I give Anthony Brooks a big thank you for motivating me. I’m not sure if I ever would have gotten into speedcubing hard core unless I met him, but I did and I know my life has been changed for the better. So any time you are in Texas or a competition he might be at, make sure you talk to him to see what I’m talking about. Thanks Anthony!

No comments:

Post a Comment