Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Competition Success!

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I recently competed in a cubing competition, and I can honestly say, that it was a complete success! I competed in Rubik’s Cube, 2x2 and Pyraminx, and did very well for myself in all 3.
                To start, in round one I placed 14th in 2x2 with a low 6 second average. While not the most amazing time for those here who are proficient in 2x2, but I rarely practice it and was quite happy to have such a reasonable time. This was also very fun because 14th place got me into round two, which was an amazing first for me. In all three of my competitions I had never made even close to a second round, and it felt amazing to be able to continue the fun and keep competing. Unfortunately, I got a little bit nervous and dropped back to last in the round, finishing the day with a high 8 second average and 20th place. I do have to comment though; my scrambles in the first round of competition were insanely easy, with a few OLL skips and very easy first layers. I cannot say the same for my second round, which had less luck on what I received to solve.
                I can’t use the same excuse for 3x3 unfortunately. I had very reasonable and realistic solves, and I just decided I was going to get really nervous and do very poorly. In the mix of my solves I had a 25 v second, a 24 second, and a 22 second, which are very bad, especially when you look at the 16 average I had had that morning. However, it did turn out alright, also in the mix of my solves I had a 16 and a 15.9. which by far are my best solves in competition to date. Unfortunately, the high 24 second solve kept me out of round 2, but I  am still very happy because a major goal for me was to get a sub 20 solve and I had more than one, so I am content.
                Pyraminx was probably the best event I competed in. For my first time in competing, I earned my personal best average time of 9.92 which was good enough to barely land me in the top 10, I finished in 9th place. This made me so happy because as it was the first time I had ever competed in the event and I did better than any other event , however a small portion of this is due to the fact that only a small number of people compete in Pyraminx.

                Overall I am overjoyed with my success in this competition. I got decent or great ranks in ever event I competed in, got an official sub 20 solve for 3x3, and most of all I managed to learn all the PLL’s for the competition, which was another major goal I had strived for. I’m so happy and anxious to compete again!

No comments:

Post a Comment