Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I'm Back With Victoryish

Four days ago I competed in my latest competition, with some awesome success for me! In 2x2, I placed 18th in the first round, with the limit to make round 2 at 25. This means I competed in it again, but because I don’t have a very good method for 2x2, and rarely average 5 seconds, I chose to enjoy myself a bit and slack off, receiving a final place at 25th. However, I did have a good time with my 15 second solve where couldn’t complete a first layer, and a 7 second solve with only 3 seconds of inspection time, and really did enjoy myself. In pyraminx, I had a personal best single of 8.88 and received 11th place overall in the one round competition. Oh, and a special note about pyraminx, I beat Kennan Lejuene, which made me feel pretty good.

         Finally in the main event Rubik’s cube I placed 16th overall in the first round. This was good enough to make it in to round two with some buffer behind me, but that wasn’t the exciting bit of this round. The main thing that made me so happy with my performance was an 11.43 straight out of the blue, in between a few 14 second solves. I was happy like you couldn’t believe, because I had smashed my former personal best in competition, a 15.99, by 4 seconds! That confidence did me very well in round two, where I actually improved on my original average, earning a 14.97m enough to move me up one spot for a final placing of 15th. In addition, in the second round I had another admirable solve for my skill level, a nice 12.59 was just a little icing on the cake.
         

          And it’s not over yet, I still have another competition before I get busy with end of the year stuff, it’s being held in solon, Iowa, on the 18th of April. I’m really excited for it and I wanted to list a few goals for that competition. For 3x3 I want a personal best average, I’m not going to care about a single best here, and I’m hoping I will make the top 10 people in the competition. For 2x2, I just learned full Ortega, and I’m hoping to make round two, but of course, I won’t throw a fit if I don’t. Finally, maybe being in the top 8 or so for Pyraminx would really make my day. Anyways there is your update for my competitions, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment