Sunday, November 2, 2014

My Terrible Megaminx

I have had this terrible Megaminx in my collection since almost the beginning of my cubing life. And in that time, I have never hated of despised anything more. It is clearly an off brand puzzle, and whatever brand it came from clearly spent no time trying to improve their work to make a better product. To start, it has tiles which frankly, don’t bother me, except for the fact that they are held onto by about one cubic millimeter of glue each which means Trying to put a tile back on without glue is actually impossible, and as for gluing it, there are no contact areas. Looking at the bottom of the tile you can see two faint lines of glue that connect the top edge of it to the corresponding piece. This is absolutely awful, because the only contact point the tile makes with pieces are on the edge, and so regluing will be messy.
Another frustrating piece of this terrible Megaminx is the clicking system. There are MASSIVE notches in the pieces that create a very awful turning, very slow puzzle, with absolutely no finger tricking of any kind. In addition to this, the mechanism is not very well mad, so pieces can wiggle upon turning. This coupled with the abysmal corner cutting, as the puzzle has no corners previously cut as 3x3’s do, makes for the worst moving and solving experience I have ever had with a puzzle.

So now the simple question, what brand is this puzzle? I actually have no idea, to tell the truth. I have looked at videos comparing brands, with no avail. No, it isn’t a QJ, although I hear that one is a close second. I know it is too disgusting to be a Dayan, and so I am stuck. What can I brand this Megaminx that has wronged me so badly? I can’t honestly say.

No comments:

Post a Comment